- Personal Websites – web pages created by individuals showcasing personal information and often used for entertainment purposes.
- Family Websites – usually created by families to keep members connected through sharing of family photos, keepsakes, and genealogy to preserve family history in the process.
- Special Occasions or Announcement Websites – websites for special occasion announcements such as weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, and the like.
- Hobbyist & Special Interest Websites – websites created by people sharing the same hobbies and special interests.
- Clubs, Organizations and Associations – websites dedicated for various organizations mentioned.
Word of caution against free websites and free web site hosting
- Intrusive pop-up windows and banner ads
- The free website does not include a free domain name
- The good features are a part of a premium package you have to pay for
- The need to use the online point and click tools provided by the free service in creating your own site
- Unreliable technical support
- Difficulty in switching to other host service providers
Create Your Free Website
- The purpose of your website should be compatible with the capabilities of the free web host.
- Does the free web host offer an easy builder system for beginners?
- Will the free web host allow you to get email through your website’s domain name? It’s best to choose a host which provides unlimited autoresponders so you can stay in touch with your visitors or potential customers.
- Does the free web host provide enough space for your website’s growth?
- Does the free web host provide enough speed for faster loading?
- If you’re planning a website that will generate a lot of traffic, free hosting is not advisable.
The next step is to build your website.
- Keep your web site simple but eye pleasing. Avoid clutter and unpleasant fonts and color.
- Avoid blaring music or sound on your site that might startle people away.
- Avoid slow loading graphics on your page. People will not stick around to wait for the loading.
- Show your visitors what your site is all about in a glance.
- Avoid annoying pop-ups on your site which tend to annoy people.